No pain, no problem: 5 Reasons athletes need chiropractor care
If you’re an athlete, you probably wait until an injury occurs before visiting a chiropractor. But the truth is that you can, and should, seek chiropractic care before pain strikes. In fact, regular chiropractic visits may even help you prevent injuries from happening in the first place.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, approximately 90% of world-class athletes use chiropractic care to help increase performance and prevent sports-related pain. If it works for top athletes, it makes sense that amateur athletes, gym enthusiasts, afternoon golfers, low-impact athletes, weekend warriors, and child athletes should do the same. It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting a healthy lifestyle journey, playing recreationally, or at the top of your game in your chosen sport—chiropractic care offers incredible benefits to improve overall health and fitness level.
Here are 5 reasons to visit a chiropractor:
- Faster Workout Recovery – Chiropractic care helps improve your overall body function and speed up your recovery time, making the most of every workout you complete.
- Increases Range of Motion – Part of athletic performance hinges upon your range of motion. Regular chiropractic treatment can help you increase flexibility through regular adjustments to keep muscles and joints limber.
- Prepares for Competition or Games – Staying in top-notch shape is key for any competition or games. This means identifying any abnormal or faulty movements that can lead to injury. Chiropractic care keeps you in prime shape and helps you cope with the inherent wear and tear involved in any sport.
- Helps Promote Faster Healing – Chiropractic adjustments of tendons, muscles, ligaments, and bones help your body align well and promote adequate healing.
- Improves Asymmetries and Performance – Physically demanding activities may also cause issues like muscle imbalances or spinal misalignment. With regular adjustments, you can improve your posture and keep your spines functioning properly.
If you are an athlete and would like to maximize your body’s health and performance, give us a call at Dr. Anane of Spine Wellness Center in Clinton, MD. Visit us for a chiropractic evaluation.